Tuesday, February 12, 2013

"I Do"

When did marriage become such a burden?
An entrapment?
Filled with lies and hurt,
worry and curt.

Sarcastic remarks,
then love's been lost.
We share the bills and a bed.
And haven't touched each other

Since the honeymoon,
No kisses goodbye.
It's like a job,
Our montonous lives.

The pendulum swings,
the clock ticks down. 
Eventually, I don't want you around.

"You need to go!
You don't do anything here!
You think I don't know
who you've been bringing here?"

This home is my prison,
you, my prison warden.
I'm here for the children,
You're just an added "bonus."

This is how it is?
What God intended?
When did those two words become so fateful?
Marking an ending.


But this is what I want..

I want to try.
To prove that marriage won't be my demise.

Yes, we are able to love forever.
It's all about just keeping this shit together. 

And if by chance it ends,
I know I haven't made the same mistakes

My parent's did.


No comments:

Post a Comment