Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Untitled


I've never really written one of my poems on Facebook before. I guess it's so I wouldn't be judged? Well, here goes nothing.
This isn't really poetic style writing. It's just writing. Putting my thoughts onto paper in the form of metaphors and similes. If I write them down, it's one less thing to think about.

Blank walls and blank faces match my blank piece of paper
and my blank expression. 
But soon these words start to flow
like the tears that rain from the sky on this stormy night.
I see so much around me 
but lack the morals to empathize.
I hurt so I hurt you.
Turn my back before you do.
I write until calluses form on my hands
like battle wounds,
I fight to write the words I hold inside.

Hate
Love
Fear
Sighs
Ignite this fire in my eyes.
I want to love but do not know how.
No one has taken the time to show me,
sit me down,
show me around.
I'm guarded.
If you look long enough you'll see the bars.
My prison ward?
Her name is LOVE.
With her gun and nightstick 
ready to beat me back should I ever get too close.

My skies aren't always cloudy,
in fact, sometimes they're clear.
But when the sun comes out they darken.
No light lives here.

My calluses continue to roughen 
but I continue to write.
I look around.
No one but me in sight.
Well, of course, no one has ever taken the time to stay.
I've only ever really wanted one,
But it didn't take him long to turn away.

I strengthened my mind.
Built it up high to the sky
like a sky scraper, a mountain....
No....
A pedestal...
I put myself up on it.
No hurt comes here.
& though my past is my past,
it still lives here, 
dwells silently like a sleeping bear
until provoked by the hand that attempts to care.

They only care for a while
then the hand pulls away.
As suddenly as it comes,
it goes away.
They never stay.
Never teach me how to love.
Only give me a false sense of it.
And before long, 
Gone.

All I have left is to write.
The paper never pulls away.
It listens silently 
and catches all my tears.
But it always reminds me,
no love lives here.

No comments:

Post a Comment